A conservative farmer, businessman and state legislator, Dan Newhouse has a track record of getting things done.
Dan was elected four times to the Washington State House of Representatives and served from 2003 to 2009. In the Legislature he was known as a pro-jobs conservative problem solver. Recognized by the National Federation of Independent Businesses and the Association of Washington Business for his commitment to pro-growth policies, Dan will bring the same set of values with him to Congress.
From 2009 to 2013 Dan served as Director of Washington State’s Department of Agriculture helping promote the state’s abundant agricultural resources and encouraging the next generation of family farms.
Dan and his wife Carol have two adult children, Jensena, Devon and his wife Halley. The Newhouse family operates a 600-acre farm near Sunnyside where they grow hops, tree fruit, grapes and alfalfa.
Dan has a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics from Washington State University and is a graduate of the Washington Agriculture and Forestry Leadership Program.
- Association of Washington Business Cornerstone Award
- NFIB Guardian of Small Business
- Washington State Potato Commission Legislator of the Year
- Leo Award, Yakima Ag Expo
- Friend of the Industry, Yakima Valley Dairy Women
- Yakima County Farm Bureau, Past President
- Hop Growers of America, Past President
- Hop Growers of Washington, Past President
- Columbia River Task Force Member
- Daybreak Rotary
- NRA Member
- Elder, Sunnyside Presbyterian Church